Harrison's Omega Bird Bread Mix
Harrison's Omega Bird Bread Mix
With Chia, Quinoa and Flax
A Premium Certified Organic, Non-GMO Verified "Bake at Home" Bird Bread Mix (323g)
- Certified organic and non-GMO verified
- A premium bird bread mix for birds requiring additional essential fatty acids
- Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
- Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
- Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
- Can be hidden as a foraging reward
- Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications
- Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
- Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
- Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet
- May be be used as main diet during conversion so long as bird is confirmed eating Omega Bird Bread.
- Once diet is converted to a High Potency Formula Omega Bird Bread may make up to 30% of the total daily diet..
- If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should considered a treat and fed in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with other treats.
- *For maximum nutrition, use 1 TBS organic palm fruit oil instead of cooking oil when baking.*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) .
- Combine entire bag of mix with 2 whole organic eggs - no shell (remove yolk for less fat), 1 TBS high quality organic vegetable oil (or red palm fruit oil), and 1 cup (235 ml) water.
- Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- Can be served warm.
- Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
- Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and up to 6 weeks in the freezer after baking.
- Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrison's Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
- Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
DOUGH BALL DIRECTIONS
- Combine entire bag with 1TBS melted organic red palm fruit oil or coconut oil and 1/2 cup trusted drinking water (no eggs).
- Mix thoroughly and roll into 3/4" to 1" dough balls..
- Quick freeze any unused first feeding, store frozen doughballs in original Harrison's bag. Thaw for daily feeding
OMEGA BIRD BREAD MIX:: *Flax, *Corn, *Quinoa, *Grey Millet, *Chia, *Hull-less Barley, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peas,*Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, Calcium Carbonate, Baking Powder, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Del-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil) *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude protein (min.) 16%, crude fat (min.) 11%, crude fiber (max.) 6%, moisture (max.) 10%
*indicates organic ingredient